Moncler Genius Is The Mega-est Of All Mega Collaborations
Moncler has reworked its most iconic piece; the down jacket. A project conceived by Remo Ruffini, The Moncler Genius debuted its mega collection and was officially unveiled yesterday at the Milan Fashion Week.. It was a grand event showcasing eight collections, including lineups by Pierpaolo Piccioli, Hiroshi Fujiwara, Craig Green and Simone Rocha amongst others..
“A Republic of imagination” is how Moncler described it..
The collaborative project will be housed in the newly unveiled Moncler Genius building in Milan, which features eight cells — each one home to one of the seven collections that Moncler will launch over the next few months with special drops.
Rooting from the brand’s belief that this approach will take Moncler’s identity to new places, the project allowed for different designers to strengthen and upgrade the brand’s aesthetic..
It was all about imagination and creativity. As mentioned above, each of the 8 cells has a theme,
1. Moncler Pierpaolo Piccioli (pure essence)
2. Moncler 1952 (pop trademark)
3. Moncler Grenoble (playful flair)
4. Moncler Simone Rocha (pragmatic femininity)
5. Moncler Graig Green (dress as habitat)
6. Moncler Noir Kei Ninomiya (wearable geometry)
7. Moncler Fragment Hiroshi Fujiwara (subcultural subtleness)
8. Moncler Palm Angels (going viral)