How to Get Rid Of The Double Chin || 7 Solutions
To begin with the case of the double chin we need to make sure one issue is clear; you don’t have to be overweight to have a double chin.. Genetics play a big role and looser skin as a result of ageing can also be a cause of this case!A double chin, a.k.a. submental fat, is a common condition that occurs when a layer of fat forms below your chin. And because we are living in the age of the defined jawline, this proposes the challenge of getting rid of it..
There are several things you can do.
1 || Chin Exercises
If you get the chance to do those 6 exercises daily, it may help strengthen and tone the muscles and skin in the area of your double chin.
1. Straight jaw jut: Tilt your head back and look toward the ceiling. Push your lower jaw forward to feel a stretch under the chin. Hold the jaw jut for a 10 count. Relax your jaw and return your head to a neutral position.
2. Ball exercise: Place a 9- to10-inch ball under your chin. Press your chin down against the ball. Repeat 25 times daily.
3. Pucker up: With your head tilted back, look at the ceiling. Pucker your lips as if you’re kissing the ceiling to stretch the area beneath your chin. Stop puckering and bring your head back to its normal position.
4. Tongue stretch: Looking straight ahead, stick your tongue out as far as you can. Lift your tongue upwards towards your nose. Hold for 10 seconds and release.
5. Neck stretch: Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling. Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth. Hold for 5 to 10 seconds and release.
6. Bottom jaw jut: Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling. Turn your head to the right. Slide your bottom jaw forward. Hold for 5 to 10 seconds and release. Repeat the process with your head turned to the left.
2 || Surgical/ invasive treatments for a double chin
If your double chin is caused by genetics, tightening up the area with exercise may help. It’s unclear whether weight loss will help. In this case, your doctor may recommend an invasive procedure such as:
Also known as liposculpture, lipolysis uses liposuction or heat from a laser to melt away fat and contour the skin. In most cases, a local anesthetic is all that’s needed during lipolysis to treat a double chin. Lipolysis only treats fat. It doesn’t remove excess skin or increase skin’s elasticity.
Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure that delivers small amounts of fat-dissolving compounds through a series of injections. In 2015, the U. S. Food and Drug Administration approved deoxycholic acid (Kybella), an injectable drug used in mesotherapy. Deoxycholic acid helps your body absorb fats. It may take 20 or more injections of deoxycholic acid per treatment to treat a double chin. You can have up to six treatments total. You must wait at least one month between treatments.
3 || Sugar Free Gum
To get rid of a double chin, it is essential to keep your facial muscles toned and give the muscles in your jaw line a workout. Simply chew sugarless gum several times a day to reduce your double chin as quickly as possible.
1. Cocoa Butter
When cocoa butter is used regularly, it will improve the elasticity of your skin and help get rid of your double chin. Slightly warm a few tablespoons of cocoa butter in the microwave. Gently massage it into your neck and double chin for several minutes. Do this twice a day, before taking a bath in the morning and every night before going to bed.
2. Wheat Germ Oil
Regular neck massage with wheat germ oil is another effective way to get rid of a double chin. Wheat germ oil has the goodness of vitamin E oil that will nourish and help tighten the skin. Before going to bed, rub some wheat germ oil gently around the chin area. Gently massage upwards from the bottom of the neck to the chin for 10 to 15 minutes. Leave the oil on your skin overnight. Repeat regularly to soon notice improvement in the appearance of your double chin.
5 || Egg Whites Mask
An egg white mask can be of great help in getting rid of a double chin because it has a skin tightening effect. Egg whites are also good for the overall health of the skin. Whisk together two egg whites, one tablespoon each of milk, honey and lemon juice. Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil. Apply this mask to the skin around your chin and neck area. Leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your skin. Do this once daily for quick results.
6 || Glycerin
You can also make a natural mask with glycerin to get rid of a double chin. Make a mask by mixing one tablespoon of glycerin, one-half tablespoon of Epsom salt and a few drops of peppermint oil. Use a cotton pad to apply it on the neck and chin area. Leave it on for several minutes so that it absorbs into the skin. Wash the area thoroughly with cool water. Do this three to five times a week to get positive results.